EFFICIENT WASTE DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING IN SAINT PETERSBURG AND LENINGRAD REGION
Contribution to waste industry creation is proved by the concept of long-term social and economic development of the Russian Federation until the year 2020 approved by the Government. Waste volume in Russia is growing by 14%. According to the statistics of the World Bank, up to one third of all products in the world is not contributed and becomes waste, waste growth exceeds consumption growth also in the Russian Federation, and herewith packaging makes 40% of all household waste.
Waste recycling industry in Saint Petersburg is at the initial stage. According to RAS, annual waste volume in Saint Petersburg makes 5 million tons. Only 5-6% of them are recycled. The city lacks modern powers for waste recycling, and experiments of household waste separate collection failed.
What steps is the Government going to make to create waste disposal and recycling industry? Is the business ready to meet new realities of waste management? Which recycling directions are the most profitable for investors? Can the state policy on waste disposal become an impulse for the industry development in Saint Petersburg? Who shall be payable for waste removal, storage and disposal?
- Forecast and industry trends of waste management and recycling, growth indicators. What can be the impulse for development? Legislative initiatives and solutions.
- Waste management development scenarios in St. Petersburg and Leningrad region.
- Development of modern industry for waste disposal and recycling. Is the region competitive in attracting international and private investment in the industry? Does the border location give an advantage to the city? Ways to adopt the best international experience.
- Background for public-private partnership implementation in waste management.
- Can international industrial corporations become the locomotive of waste management development in the region? Will the corporate social responsibility of companies become an example for the population?
- Separate collection and recycling of municipal waste. Who is responsible and solvent at each stage of waste management?
- How to increase the percentage of recycling? What is more effective - the “carrot” or the “stick” on part of the state?
- Modern production and new recycling technologies. Success stories of profitable resource efficient businesses.
Representatives of the regulator departments, senior managers of industrial complex companies, representatives of organizations effectively working in the field of industrial and household waste disposal, investment and commercial banks, design and engineering organizations, academic institutions; investors, international experts and analysts as well as representatives of business and industry media.